My BFF Trisha came over last night for dinner. I had about 20 minutes to figure out something yummy and healthy to feed us all for dinner. I decided on Taco Soup and Cornbread!
Taco Soup
1 can black beans
1 can pinto beans
2 cans corn
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can green chilies
1 packet taco seasoning
1 packet ranch
Dumped it all together and cooked it on the stove for 30 minutes.
1 cup = 2 points
Cornbread
1 cup(s) uncooked cornmeal, yellow I used Jiffy
1 cup(s) all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp table salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
14 3/4 oz cream-style corn, canned
1/2 cup(s) buttermilk I just used water
2 large egg white(s)
2 tsp corn oil
400 degrees in an 8X8 for 20 minutes. Let it cool for 10. I also spray some "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" on top.
8 servings, 3 points/serving
Seriously, Philip and Trisha (and I, of course) LOVED it. The cornbread is BOMB. It's so quick and easy to make, and makes for some yummy leftovers.
The best part is the entire meal only cost me $1.17. I had everything to make this, except 2 ingredients.
When Trisha got to my house, she gasped, "LOOK AT YOU! You look great! How much weight have you lost?! You look so skinny!" I haven't seen her in about a month, and since then I've only lost 3 pounds. I guess working out really is making a difference. Her comment definitely boosted the confidence level. :)
Weigh in tonight! I decided to mix up my points this week like this:
Wednesday- 33
Thursday- 21
Friday- 36
Saturday- 23
Sunday- 33
Monday- 23
Tuesday- 21
I vowed to 'pump up the cardio' this week... and I did just that. Can't say I'm not proud of myself.
Wednesday- Elliptical, 45 minutes
Thursday- Boot Camp, 45 minutes
Friday- off
Saturday- C25k, 1.5 miles
Sunday- C25k, 2 miles
Monday- 30DS L2
Today- Elliptical (after work)
We'll see how it worked out tonight at the weigh in!
2 comments:
sooo, I'm lazy and don't want to calculate. How many points is the cornbread? and the soup too while your at it? :)
Thanks!
oh, duh! I knew I forgot something. I added it in.
Soup, 1 cup = 2 points
Cornbread 1/8 = 3 points
Post a Comment