Monday, May 31

kicking the scale out

I am a scale addict! I weigh in first thing in the morning, then after I eat, before I eat, everytime I go to the bathroom, every time I walk by the bathroom, with clothes on, without clothes, after I shower, before bed, the middle of the night....

Ok, maybe not that often. But I do weigh myself probably 5 times a day. It's destructive! When I see a number I don't like I want to eat a bowl of ice cream, and when I see a number I do like I want to go run a mile and follow program religiously.

I'm kicking the scale out of the bathroom! I will now allow myself to weigh in 2 times a week and try to not focus so much on that stupid number.

6 comments:

Jamie said...

I do the same thing, glad I'm not the only one! I'm not ready to kick the scale out of the bathroom yet, but hopefully one day soon that number won't be as important to me.

Cati said...

I have a scale problem...but my deal is if I see a bad number I go crazy and exercise or eat only salad and a good number means ice cream. Put it in the closet!c

Lori said...

Ugh, I am a scale addict too. Every morning before I shower :(

Btw, I am a new follower from TB (I asked people to list their blogs!)

Happy memorial day :)

Dani said...

I do the same thing! I was actually reading an article in Prevention yesterday about how it is *good* to weigh every day. Something about being more aware of it. People that weighed everyday lost more than those who weighed weekly. Maybe just stop weighing more than once a day?

Brittney said...

I wish I could get myself to weigh more often. I am always scared to death to step on the scale--if I see a number I don't like, I have a freak out. So, I'll only weigh naked and in the morning, once a week!

iluvshoes said...

I did this too. I now only weigh myself in the morning.