He loves NutriGrain bars. He would eat NutriGrain bars and bananas and nothing else if I let him. There is soooo much sugar in those bars (and all sorts of other crap). So, I found this recipe on Wholesome Toddler Food as a substitution.
Yogurt Cereal Bars
2 cups corn flakes (I crunched up the flakes a little, otherwise I thought they were too big)3/4 cup flour
1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar (I didn't use this)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 cup flavoured yogurt (I used "YoBaby" Mixed Berry)
1 egg slightly beaten
2 tablespoons flour
Combine cereal, 3/4 cup flour, sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
Cut in butter or margarine until coarse crumbs form.
I had a little helper making them for the first time tonight :)
Press 3/4 the mixture firmly into the bottom of a greased 8inch square pan.
Mix yogurt, egg and 2 tablespoons flour in another small bowl.
Spread over cereal mixture in pan and then sprinkle the remaining cereal mixture on top
Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown; cut into bars when cooled.
These were super easy to make. It would be simple to make a giant batch at once to freeze. I tasted one, and they were pretty good. They would probably be better with the brown sugar, like the recipe says. My little taste tester had to go to bed before they were cooled, so the final test will be to see what he thinks.
4 comments:
Thanks so much for posting this! Ashton eats them allll the time so I will definitely try this recipe. Just curious, did you figure the points for them?
What do you think it would do to the bars if you used a brown sugar, butter, and egg substitute? They look yummy!
YUM! So...did Cooper like them? And he looks cute as always!
Tavia, these sounds totally delicious and super healthy! I'm going to read more about your Crossfit experience, sounds like it's been great so far!! :) xox
Post a Comment