I've been trying to get back into some WODs lately. So far things have been great. I feel great and nothing has been too painful or difficult.
Last week I did:
3 rounds -
7 OH squats (45#)
7 Push Press (45#)
7 Front Squats (45#)
3 rounds -
7 ring dips
7 burpees
15 squats
(that one crippled me the next day)
I did 2 other WODs but now I can't remember what they were... pregnancy brain.
I'm just making these WODs up as I go, but I'm thinking of modifying the main site WODs and starting to do those. Making them up myself is challenging!
Today I set out to finish this:
3 rounds:
400m walk (no more running for me, it's getting too uncomfortable)
20 med ball sit ups
20 KB swings (25#)
About halfway through I had a really sharp pain in the lower left part of my uterus. I quit working out, stood there and drank water for about 10 minutes. The pain didn't stop so I called it quits in the middle of the WOD. I really didn't want to... but I knew it was best. My plan from the beginning has been to only do what feels comfortable and quit when it feels uncomfortable.
It's really tough for me to workout and not give it 100%. Pregnancy exercise is definitely way different than pre-pregnancy. But, I'm sticking with it as long as I can!
1 comment:
How far along are you now? I would bet that the med ball sit ups are what caused your pain :-/
Check out www.CrossFitMom.com, if you haven't already. On days where my gym has programmed a WOD that I can't do because of the preggo status, I pick a WOD from CrossFit Mom.
Besides, ALL of the moves on there are safe for you & safe for baby, so it just makes sense :)
Post a Comment