I seriously wasn't trying to be dramatic with my last post and leave everyone hanging. It REALLY was so disgusting it was hard for me to talk about. Mostly because I was disgusted with myself.
Up high, on the 3rd shelf, above where I could see ..... was the thing that attracted all the nasty flies. I had no clue what it was. And, I'm glad I never saw it.
It was so rotten and overgrown with mold it was basically unrecognizable (or so I heard). It was a bag of old potatoes. Now, that doesn't sound too bad in and of itself.......potatoes. But. Philip said they were BLACK. Solid black because they were so rotted. There were things growing out of them, and ooz was seeping out all over the shelf. He said when he picked them up, they were completely soggy and almost liquid inside.
Bleh.
I feel like such a horrible house keeper!! I'm sure I can home from he grocery store, didn't have a spot for the potatoes so I threw them up on the 3rd shelf. Thinking I'd grab them down to cook a few days later. I, obviously, totally forgot about them and never look up there. I'm really disgusted with myself!! Last night I made a HUGE deep cleaning list for the whole house. Like, washing the baseboards, scrubbing the blinds, dusting, polishing.... I'm going to be a crazy cleaning maniac!
Anyway. That's all. Hopefully you'll all learn a valuable lesson from my mistake.
2 comments:
Ewwww. The black potatoes. Sadly I have done that also. Be glad you didn't see or SMELL them. That's the worst! Glad you figured out the source!
Eeeewww. But, on a brighter note, I'm glad you found the source!
That reminds me of the time when my mom left eggs in the crockpot after my senior graduation. I finally cleaned them out, and they were green when I washed the pot. I was SO mad at my mom that she did that.
Post a Comment