Tuesday, June 19

Whole 30 - Day 18

I had a headache today, which reminded me... I haven't had a headache in a LONG time. I can't even remember the last time I had one. I used to have them daily or every other day. While it sucked having a headache yesterday (and it was a mild one) it reminded me to be thankful I very VERY rarely have them anymore.

Also, I started reading Dallas and Melissa Hartwig's new book "It starts with food." I'm really enjoying it. The chapter's I have read so far have talked about the psychology of why we eat what we do and the addictive qualities of food. It's very interesting and it's forcing me to take a hard look at my relationship with food.

Now to the food:

Eggs with sausage (applewood brand), red peppers, onions, avocado and some strawberries. Perfection. 

 Lunch: Tuna salad (tuna, apples, zucchini, eggs, mustard) with romaine lettuce and topped with avocado. I really enjoyed this, but honestly it was a LOT of food. I tried to eat it all, but ended up only eating about half.

Dinner: Steamed lobster tail (on sale this week), broccoli, strawberries and a little of a peach. My husband made this for me while I was at O lifting class! 
It was tough to eat enough again today. I just lose track of time and/or I'm not hungry!

1 comment:

PR85 said...

The sausage is "Apple Gate Farms" babe ;)